Monday, January 18, 2010

January 16, 2010 - Rascal the Chinchilla


I'll admit it, I've never seen a chinchilla in the flesh. I always assumed they looked like rabbits. Boy was I wrong! On my most recent pet sitting assigment, I was looking after Jerry and Barcley, two of the cutest dogs I've even spent time with and I was asked to look in on Rascal the family chinchilla. He was so adorable and I wanted to pet him, but since I knew nothing about them, I wasn't sure I should be sticking my hand it his cage on the off chance he could bite my finger off. I called my sister and asked her what she thought. Like me, she had no idea. She googled it and the conclusion was that if I were to have been bit, it wouldn't kill me. So, I forged ahead, stuck my hand in the cage. Low and behold, Rascal wouldn't let me get anywhere near him. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment